Sunday Sauerkraut: The Sauerkraut Balls Edition
Catherine Sieberling Pond provides the inspiration for todays Sunday Sauerkraut with this post on her blog “In The Pantry”. I grew up in Western Pennsylvania, and have never seen sauerkraut presented in this way, but I suppose it looks good. Hey, what doesn’t taste better breaded and fried, right?
Anyway, on to the purpose of Sauerkraut Sundays… As I go through the week, I use Twitter to send out little updates and links. I realize that I do this quite a bit and that not all of you use Twitter, so with that in mind I’d like to take Sunday to do sort of a week in review. I’ve selected the most useful of my tweets from the last week and placed them in to the categories that I use in this blog.
- 7 Days from this exact moment I will probably be scaling Forbes toward Oakland at mile 12 of the marathon.#MyCouchIsBetter
- I have crossed 140 followers, everyone else must be shortened by Bit.ly before following me.
- I live on 20th and have ended many benders here! GREAT food! RT @JulieGong: southside steaks anyone? http://bit.ly/bSs41qve
- It’s not too late for an Easter joke, right? Hilarious via @EMChocolatier http://bit.ly/9PDpIJ
- Pittsburgh among most affordable housing markets – Pittsburgh Business Times: http://bit.ly/900GOa
- I’m sitting here in CLT eating Mrs. T’s Pierogis, wishing I was in Pittsburgh for Southside street market pierogis.
- I don’t like the #Pirates as a “once-proud franchise”. I’m a “still-proud” fan! http://bit.ly/bNK9mK
- Penn State wins blue and white game. Again.
- The Steelers haven’t lost by 20 since 12/9/2007 (over 2 seasons ago). #Pirates
- Despite being the 22nd largest market, the #Pens have more local viewers then any other NHL team. http://bit.ly/dgt0Av
- Only 10.8% of successful growth companies raised venture capital at any point in their development. http://tcrn.ch/bjSA1p
- Would you build a house without a blueprint? Don’t run IT without one either. My company’s point in a vid. http://bit.ly/9j8tw7
- Do you let the wrong people tell you when you’re right? (via @SethGodin) http://bit.ly/9JyDjK
- People think investing is all about picking winners, it’s not. It’s about handicapping.
Other (Mostly Humorous Comments from the Week)
- Friends don’t let friends drink with Ben.
- Hilarious! A Meeting cost calculator/clock that ticks away the dollars as you meet. http://tcrn.ch/cMbUi6
- In honor of Earth day #40, I will wear my, “it’s not a bald spot, its a hole in the ozone layer that will kill us all” t-shirt.
- How does this lean cuisine beef and cheese sandwich only have 340 calories? I love you lean cuisine.
- HA! Printing application for the iPad: http://bit.ly/cNULfX
- Ke$ha in glow paint is like a train wreck that makes you a little ill.
- “You Like This” t-shirt is solid nerd humor. http://bit.ly/c110TG