Sunday Sauerkraut: Cheeseburgers Edition
The reason I use Sauerkraut on this blog is three fold. First, It’s an awesome word. Go ahead, say it a few times. Second, people do seem to unerstand that the sauerkraut is intended to include “many things, some of which have aged a few days.” Third, it’s popular in the Burgh, because of the German/Polish influence in our fair city. This German influence in the US is the exact opposite of the web view of Sauerkraut today. Claire, a blogger from the US, but living in Germany has named her blog Cheeseburgers and Sauerkraut: A Surprisingly Good Combination. It is, to my knowledge, the only blog with Sauerkraut in the name. Well, the only one in English (there is of course one in German). The picture comes from another blog, and a restaurant in Cincinnati.
Anyway, on to the purpose of Sauerkraut Sundays… As I go through the week, I use Twitter to send out little updates and links. I realize that I do this quite a bit and that not all of you use Twitter, so with that in mind I’d like to take Sunday to do sort of a week in review. I’ve selected the most useful of my tweets from the last week and placed them in to the categories that I use in this blog.
- I am now mayor of the attic, THAT is how lame charlotte is.
- The #PittsburghMarathon finally posted my result. I finished 3201st overall. So I was first, of the second 3200.
- I’m not old and getting younger.
- When I look at the Iceland Volcano and the Gulf Oil Spill, it makes me wonder if our end will come from our hand or His.
- I hate getting spam on my Twitter, but I do not know of a way to reprimand people for @replying to me with spam messages.
- Is there something called clittering where you play with the little button on your blackberry – robin williams
- It’s not big brother anymore, it’s little snitch.
- If the Allegheny Conference is having to pay Delta $5M for the weak Paris demand, why are they adding a Sun flight? http://bit.ly/boupVc
- R Gubernatorial Candidate / AG Corbett going after his own Twitter critics? @BobMayo‘s got the scoop: http://bit.ly/d8cYO7
- I find a nearly perfect correlation between people who dislike Pittsburgh and people who’ve never been.
- #Pirates fans, turn on your radio. They just gave crazy Steve Blass a cow bell. Hilarity.
- When someone refers to Doc Ellis’ no hitter are you proud or embarrassed he was a Pirate?
- To the man who only has a hammer, everything begins to look like a nail.” – Maslow 1966, I assume speaking of #cloudcomputing
- I have never actually tweeted the letters before, but “Oh My God” you can actually play PacMan in Google’s logo right now!!!
- Amazon competing with Apple in the Kindle/iPad space is as dumb as Apple competing with Amazon in the shoe sales space.
- YouTube is only 5 years old. Hard to believe.
- Character is easier to maintain then recover.
- It should be illegal for an investment bank to employ anyone whose title is “Financial Engineer”
Other (Mostly Humorous Comments from the Week)
- Too say someone is a good egg is entirely inadequate. What if a crappy sperm was involved?
- RT @Jesus Went through three cases of water. Pretty wasted right now.
- People who put apple logos on non-apple computers bug me. A lot.
- Java does not remember the last time it had a memory leak.
- iPhone controlled Drones!!! With Cameras that feed straight in to your phone. #Nerdgasm http://tcrn.ch/cgTnXI
- @burghbaby It is possible to eat just one rice krispie treat, but only if it’s the last one.