Looks Like Those 20% Projects Aren’t Hurting Google
I noticed this chart on Pingdom this evening and had to pass it along. A couple of thoughts:
- I don’t believe this is sustainable for Google. I think companies spend too much time trying to maintain these numbers, and its exactly what kills them. When I get news like this out of Google I start to think that they’re stifling ideas to maintain profits and that will kill you every time.
- Apple is riding huge margins. How long can the amount of profit produced outpace the amount of value produced?
- I’m impressed with Oracle and Cisco, both are doing better then I would have guessed.
- I’m disappointed in Amazon and Dell, both aren’t doing all they could.
- Love them or hate them or both, it’s hard to imagine any technology company will ever be as consistently successful as Microsoft has been the last 25 years.
- Twitter would be negative.
- I saw a link to this chart from 37Signals, what do you think there number is? I’m thinking it has 7 digits.