Sauerkraut Sunday: The Shortage Edition
I don’t regularly trade commodities as valuable as sauerkraut, prefering to focus on more commonly accepted economic commodities like worthless gold and silver. If I were to trade sauerkraut futures though, I would be in BUY mode today. You see, there’s been a tragic accident at one of the few Sauerkraut manufacturers in the US, The Fremont Company. A large concrete roof collapsed and experts are unsure how long the sauerkraut assembly lines will be down. In the mean time, its highly recommended that you gather up some reserves and possibly even learn to make your own. Until next week though, it’s every man for himself.
Now on to the purpose of Sauerkraut Sundays… As I go through the week, I use Twitter to send out little updates and links. I realize that I do this quite a bit and that not all of you use Twitter, so with that in mind I’d like to take Sunday to do sort of a week in review. I’ve selected the most useful of my tweets from the last week and placed them in to the categories that I use in this blog.
- BNY Mellon’s 2nd Quarter profits up nearly 400% year over year (right at analyst expectations though) http://bit.ly/bcdzKE
- The Blog of Burgher Jon gets some love from Global CTO of CapGemini, glad he liked two of my fav posts: http://bit.ly/c014fI
- For all my Charlotte friends, when I say I’m missing Petty in the Burgh tonight, I mean Tom not Richard. NASCAR’s dumb.
- I love redoing things, it allows you to be busy all morning and still feel unproductive.
- Restaurant week, give me my food cheeper bitches. (@ Sullivan’s Steakhouse) http://4sq.com/64ylsS
- Last week there was a serious momentum shift in my world. This week, time to make sure that train gains speed.
- If you’ve been using Google Voice on Android, this is a great development (otherwise you won’t care) http://tcrn.ch/bfJony
- I had no idea Kaye Cowher was so sick. Prayers with Bill and his kids.http://bit.ly/c23Gyc
- RT @PCPGH What color shirts do you want this year? Remember: Registration for PCPGH5 opens Aug 1!!
- Council passing a resolution “demanding” moratorium on shale drilling is as effective as me whining on Twitter that they’re wasting time.
Other (Mostly Humorous Comments from the Week)
- What an innovative idea for a “tape” deck. http://bit.ly/acVs8R
- Pittsburgh reporter explains how airlines charge for sex.http://bit.ly/9UwfxR
- Wait, there’s a Legoland USA? RT @msuster: Andy (4.5) sneaks on driving course for 6+ at Legoland, USA (beg for forgiveness ;-))
- Silly Bandz = kiddy bling.
- It just occured to me, there are people finishing college next year who were born in the 90s #NOTCool
- If I were British Open Champ Oosthuizen, I would pronounce my name “Oh Oh sthuizen”. #BritishOpen
- Ha! RT @thesulk: Sometimes when I feel old I watch the Real World and thank god I’m old.