Sauerkraut Sunday: The Sunday Version and a Side of Viral Marketing
I found the video above with a search for “Sauerkraut” and “Ice Cream”. I wanted to see if anybody knew how to make a Sauerkraut Sunday on Sauerkraut Sunday. Unfortunately, I got that instead. That 3.5 minute complete waste of time, with an entirely unexplained 30 second clip on cookie dough and no examples of either sausage or sauerkraut ice cream, is why so many companies are having so much trouble in social media. One of the keywords on MetaCafe was “viral”. This is why 95% of the social media “experts” in the world need fired.
Now on to the real purpose of Sauerkraut Sundays… As I go through the week, I use Twitter to send out little updates and links. I realize that I do this quite a bit and that not all of you use Twitter, so with that in mind I’d like to take Sunday to do sort of a week in review. I’ve selected the most useful of my tweets from the last week and placed them in to the categories that I use in this blog.
Pittsburgh Startup Community:
- That’s HUGE! RT @alphalab: Modcloth ranked the 2nd fastest growing company in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine: http://bit.ly/cTZnVT
- Great post on Pittsblog about spurring development by removing barriers to human capital mobility. http://bit.ly/aUPyxg
- Mike on Pittsblog: Governments should think of themselves as non-profits trying to do things to justify their funding. http://bit.ly/cfax4Q
- I really don’t understand why RIM is advertising BB messenger so much, I don’t know a single person who still uses it.
- Take a look at the scatter plots on page 5 of this report. Interesting stuff about Twitter Influence. http://scr.bi/auP0Bm
- Tiger shoots a 65 the day after his divorce is final. I’ll bet he’s +4 tonight in celebration.
- This is the car one of the Pirates’ Mexican scouts drives… Awesome! http://bit.ly/a0p89g
- 🙁 Here we go again. RT @espn: Financial documents show Pittsburgh Pirates win by losing – http://es.pn/d1Pfmd
- If those two are doing it, shouldn’t you? RT @cdixon: +10 RT @fredwilson Very excited to see @paulg tweeting. Instant follow
Other (Mostly Humorous/Interesting Comments from the Week)
- Ha! RT @pablo100: How many SEO writers does it take to change a lightbulb, light bulb, bulb, lamp, light, bulbs, fluorescent tubes?
- I’m buying coffee, which puts me in niether bed nor bath (@ Bed Bath & Beyond) http://4sq.com/83qhae
- I don’t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.