Sauerkraut Sunday: The All Nippon Airways Version
I was served the above dish aboard my flight to Japan yesterday. I’m not quite sure whether it was intended to be sauerkraut or cole slaw and it tasted like something in the middle (the menu only described it as “a Japanese delicacy”. It was definitely cabbage though, which is qualification enough for me to use it as the picture on today’s Sauerkraut Sunday.** Also, those are definitely little tiny dried and salted fish on the right, TASTY.
Now on to the real purpose of Sauerkraut Sundays… As I go through the week, I use Twitter to send out little updates and links. I realize that I do this quite a bit and that not all of you use Twitter, so with that in mind I’d like to take Sunday to do sort of a week in review. I’ve selected the most useful of my tweets from the last week and placed them in to the categories that I use in this blog.
Pittsburgh AND Startups/Social Media!!!
- Great economist article on electric cars. Good read for entrepreneurs with revolutionary business models. http://bit.ly/aHuXWV
- did Darlene Harris actually say, “I’ve been a union supporter for 35 years. One thing I’ve learned is not to privatize.”?
- Post from @Bram_R said exactly what I was thinking about the “kill the lease deal” move this week. http://bit.ly/cFnoDQ
- While I’m not naive enough to BELIEVE I’ll never have to write a post like this, I am just naive enough to hope not. http://ow.ly/2YeTF
- In transit to Japan… for the next 26 hours #日本
- Looks like CitySourced’s official blog picked up my old post “On 311, YinzCam and CitySourced” http://bit.ly/cjM1UT
- I finally got one too many email from Obama, that guy is like my annoying aunt that forwards jokes. http://twitpic.com/2w54zg
- Innovative company creates QR codes that automatically “like” something on Facebook. http://tcrn.ch/cAKnsN
- Amazon announces a free EC2 tier, this would presumably be to keep up with Google’s MASSIVE free tier. http://aws.amazon.com/free/
- Google deploying 1Gbps fibre at Stanford. Don’t worry, it’s separate from the community fiber contest. http://bit.ly/dqSBpd
- Google’s Search appliance (remember they still make one?) now includes cloud storage and social content. http://tcrn.ch/cXk9Lb
- If Microsoft does Office in the cloud (Office 365) right, they will preserve workplace dominance another 10 years.
- From @sethgodin: You have to try to be uninformed these days, so why are so many people trying? http://ow.ly/2WlQF
- Great Resource RT @cdixon: did my semi-annual update of blog sidebar and contents page http://bit.ly/d5cocS
Other (Mostly Humorous/Interesting Comments from the Week)
**Interesting editorial note: Though this post will go up around 6 PM EST, I’m actually writing it at 6:45am before I travel over to my client’s site this morning. Timezones are weird over here.