Sunday Sauerkraut: The Awful as Sin Edition
Today’s sauerkraut recipe is a tad bit unconventional. Most of us think of Sauerkraut as food, some of us think of it as a disgusting food. But few of us think of it as the pure embodiment of disgust, so disgusting that it can be used as a symbol of sin on our hands. Well, apparently once it is mixed with dog food, that’s exactly what it is. Page 62 of Judi Lanciotti’s book Prayers with Pizzazz suggests an exercise where Junior High students cover their hands in Sauerkraut and Dog Food and then talk about how washing it off is akin to going to confession. Powerful Stuff.
Now on to the real purpose of Sauerkraut Sundays… As I go through the week, I use Twitter to send out little updates and links. I realize that I do this quite a bit and that not all of you use Twitter, so with that in mind I’d like to take Sunday to do sort of a week in review. I’ve selected the most useful of my tweets from the last week and placed them in to the categories that I use in this blog.
Pittsburgh AND Startups/Social Media!!!
- Google Voice comes to the iPhone. Not as important as a commercial or maybe allowing you to port a number would be. http://tcrn.ch/a3lYCx
- Integration of Google Products and Google Local has a BUNCH of potential. Especially in the mobile space. http://bit.ly/9fgfJc
- PA unemployment down to 8.8%, that’s 0.8% better then the national average. http://bit.ly/9PGM8H
- If the USG is going to insists on “stimulating” the economy, at least this (Innovation Works grant) is smart & local http://bit.ly/d12bUP
- White House proclaims today National Entrepreneurship Day – http://bit.ly/9vK32t
- Adaptivity (my company in Charlotte) gets funding from Intel! Oh, and a company in State College too. http://bit.ly/blyane
- SimpleGeo is a great concept that could easily mean as much for the future of the Geography space as Foursquare http://tcrn.ch/b9wDhW
Other (Mostly Humorous/Interesting Comments from the Week)
- The easiest way to add insult to injury is when your signing someone’s cast.
- A couple hilarious posts on Carbolic Smoke Ball this week: http://bit.ly/cjXwrY & http://bit.ly/cFuOVz
- HA! – Millcreek officers traveled to the conference in 5 cars, but returned in 4. The 5th wasn’t missed for 3 wks (PG) http://bit.ly
- This is a funny post, graze the first half and then read the last section: http://tcrn.ch/aRkEg6