Sauerkraut Sunday: The Strip District Meats Edition
Want to know where you can buy some sauerkraut down on the strip? I noticed this over at Strip District Meats. If it’s as good as their fillets, I recommend it.
On to the real purpose of Sauerkraut Sundays… As I go through the week, I use Twitter to send out little updates and links. I realize that I do this quite a bit and that not all of you use Twitter, so with that in mind I’d like to take Sunday to do sort of a week in review. I’ve selected the most useful of my tweets from the last week and placed them in to the categories that I use in this blog.
Pittsburgh AND Startups/Social Media!!!
- The PG’s GroupOn Clone, smart biz for a newspaper RT @PittsburghPG: PG Deals are live! Check out today’s deal at: http://pgne.ws/3F0cM
- Vocollect Inc, has been one of the great Pittsburgh Startup stories for 20+ years, acquired for $190M yesterday! http://bit.ly/eswYZ3
- Tackling my Question RT @aveeck: Ask The VC – Do Early-Stage VCs Prefer Safe Sale or Big IPO? | Pittsburgh Ventures http://bit.ly/fQ6E4U
- New CMU spinoff zooms your computer screen automatically as you lean in for a closer look. Pretty Cool. http://bit.ly/eGfsFt
- Baltimore mayor in a Steeler jersey (as part of a wager with Luke): http://youtu.be/qQ9KSyNsy68
- Most uplifting thing about @secretagentl is not SAL missions, but the fact that someone so bright understands/embraces her mission in life.
- $IBM and $APPL had good numbers. Won’t happen often. The proliferation of personal tech will be, partially, at the expense of enterprise.
- Goldman, nervous about the SEC, has limited their Facebook offering to foreign investors. http://tcrn.ch/fBAd5D #ThatSoundsREALlegit
- Got up an hour late this morning in honor of MLK day, just now getting to work.
- Sugar ray on pandora? SWEET! #getit?
- On my To Do List? Prepare to have your hind quarters struck with my foot and your identity recorded #KickingAssAndTakingNamesThisAM
- What do you think I’m doing right now: Nerding Out w/ Some Code, Rocking Out Opera on Pandora, or Drinking Beer… #TrickQuestion
- I’m so glad #chuck is back, I missed dreaming that computer geeks can be super spies with hot girlfriends :-P.
- Thanks to a few 15 hour work days in a row, I feel like on the ball for the first time in weeks. Now, to get some sleep.
- Google makes your phone in to an interpreter. This is amazing. http://tcrn.ch/hHXuXR
- The biggest question the verizon iPhone raises is, “can Android compete with iOS when the playing field is level?”
- Love “What’s Twitter” Tweets RT @msmon: Sometimes, I feel like twitter is just a bunch of adults yelling, “Look, mom and dad! I made a poo!”
- Can GroupOn be held responsible if their advertisers can’t meet demand? Slippery Slope. http://tcrn.ch/eHWPOS
- RT @mattb811 How did the people of Tunisia overthrow their government without me signing an e-petition or changing my Twitter avatar?
- Why aren’t any of my tweeps talking about Steve Jobs being on medical leave? Did yinz not hear? http://fxn.ws/fsegWI
- RT @cdixon: lol RT @Adam How Amazon Web Services got “Elastic Beanstalk” through the spam filters we’ll never know
Other (usually just funny observations)
- Great chart about Rick Astley (not a Rick Roll), I would totally go to this bar’s 80’s night. http://bit.ly/hn6m3X
- Men, keep in mind you will have to remember your anniversary EVERY year. RT @RenPgh: 11/11/11 is available for your wedding!
Blog Posts from this blog:
- Did you read my post from Saturday? It’s filled with 2 dozen links to the Pittsburgh Startup Community! http://bit.ly/eWJfRx
- Blog Post: When will business learn what baseball already knows, “The team with the best metrics wins.” http://bit.ly/ezA0wy
- Blog Post: How I decide whose ass to kick and whose name to take each day. http://bit.ly/cWUpdw
- Blog Post: Here’s how I manage my day, tell me how you manage yours!
- Blog Post: Hey IT Sales guys, do you know why your last sale failed? I’ll bet you would if you read this book. http://bit.ly/fTPTWh
- Blog Post: Do you think Amazon paid Living Social or the other way around? http://bit.ly/eSAFL3