Sauerkraut Sunday: Hofbrauhaus Redux Edition
I know that I have, once before, used a picture of a meal at Hofbrauhaus on the Southside to open up a Sauerkraut Sunday, but this is a NEW TYPE OF KRAUT. When I was there last Friday one of my friends was served, “Red Apple Kraut”. Now I didn’t taste it, so I can’t recommend it, but it is good to know that innovation in spoiled cabbage has not come to an end here in Pittsburgh.
On to the real purpose of Sauerkraut Sundays… As I go through the week, I use Twitter to send out little updates and links. I realize that I do this quite a bit and that not all of you use Twitter, so with that in mind I’d like to take Sunday to do sort of a week in review. I’ve selected the most useful of my tweets from the last week and placed them in to the categories that I use in this blog.
Pittsburgh AND Startups/Social Media!!!
- If yinz are on the north side I’ve got a table come by for a beer. (@ Mullens Bar & Grill) http://4sq.com/i5oLYa
- I am wearing 24 articles of clothing, I’ve got $10 for anyone who can guess them. #coldoutside
- Sounds cool, I think I’m going to stop by. RT @piperspub: Stop in Tonight from 5-7 to meet Jesse Fabian, of Laphroaig. http://bit.ly/hB91hL
- Great Quote RT @bobf_vstpgh: So many terrible towel avatars that I don’t know who anyone is, but I know who everyone is.
- Pittsburgh ranks #9 on Underappreciated and Forgotten Pleasures list stuck amusingly between spankings and real breasts http://bit.ly/fbWs6R
- Facebook to start filing public reports by next year. That should be interesting. http://tcrn.ch/hQNFII
- Canadians are switching to Twitter over facebook at work. Cana actually tends to lead US in social trends. http://bit.ly/hg1ll9
- Great line: “caught between the [advertising] advantages… and the challenges of actually allowing athletes to Tweet. http://bit.ly/dU9Zkd
- Twitter visits are falling, but time spent is up… it’s becoming a tool not a novelty? http://bit.ly/f6bxdV
- Did you know there is only one Wendy’s store with a mayor named Wendy? (and other interesting #4sq stats) http://bit.ly/fixXvb
- Great Jon Stewart moment concerning social media in Egypt. You can start at 5’30” http://bit.ly/eoF4lp
- No Roger Federer, no Rafael Nadal, no american players. I’ll bet the TV ratings in the US for the Aussie open are GREAT!
- Get them before they sell out! RT @LangoschMLB: Pirates indiv. game tickets go on sale at 10 am ET today: Go to www.pirates.com to order
- Google just announced a lot of progress on their cloud print technology http://bit.ly/hhg7iB, this means a lot for “the cloud” .
- All the videos from the crunchies. The Andrew Mason interview is worth watching. Still making my way through… http://tcrn.ch/g6tspm
Other (usually just funny observations)
- Wow, @BoringPGH is really nailing the off-beat steeler stories. Today, www.keiselbeardme.com. Yep, you can get bearded.
- Ha, Guy is selling good super bowl luck for a good cause. http://bit.ly/goT30D (via @boringpgh)
Blog Posts from this blog: