Sauerkraut Sunday: The FRA Edition
I passed through the Frankfurt airport going to and from a work trip this week; that’s right ladies and gents I was in the home of Kraut, Germany. I tried to snap a picture of the kraut (which wasn’t tough to find even though I only had a few minutes while waiting on a connection. Somehow the pic failed though, and I am forced to provide you the tasty looking photo of Kraut at the Frankfurt airport from this Flickr stream. Amazing how the guy who took it made something so nasty look so delicious.
On to the real purpose of Sauerkraut Sundays… As I go through the week, I use Twitter to send out little updates and links. I realize that I do this quite a bit and that not all of you use Twitter, so with that in mind I’d like to take Sunday to do sort of a week in review. I’ve selected the most useful of my tweets from the last week and placed them in to the categories that I use in this blog.
Pittsburgh AND Startups/Social Media!!!
- If you want to know whether LinkedIn is great news for the economy ignore yesterday, check today… better yet check the day after earnings.
- PNC is building ANOTHER building downtown, I think we’re going to have to rename the city. http://bit.ly/lZTNOu
- The Post-Gazette has some interesting stats about youth returning to Pittsburgh http://bit.ly/kxf6HI #Census
- RT @JonDelano: If you’re between 20 & 35 in Pittsburgh, you outnumber 2 to 1 those old folks 65+. Surprised? My story: http://tinyurl.com/62ggdop
- Waking up to the news that the Pirates broke their skid behind a complete game from Morton is awesome! #MorningBaseballinEurope
- Since I’m going to be in #Vegas and I love the #Pirates I have to bet on them right? I hate interleague play on a Vegas Weekend.
- Finally a social TV application/site. If I had $8M lying around I’d have funded them myself. http://tcrn.ch/jjLZ9f
- Sandberg called a Facebook IPO ‘inevitable’, their price the day after earnings vs. secondary market valuations today will be interesting.
- Absolutely love this howard schulz advice on embracing your insecurities (you don’t have to be a CEO): http://t.co/k90VnPB
- Does anyone else wonder what it is about the american psyche that makes us so eager to talk about #rapture or #endoftheworld?
Other (mostly humorous little notes)
Blog Posts from this blog: