Sauerkraut Sunday: Germany Abandoning Its Kraut?
I was reading Business Week this week and saw something terribly terribly disturbing for Sauerkraut lovers the world over. Bloomberg is saying that there are new restaurants all over Berlin and that you no longer need pork and kraut every night. According to them, it’s being nudged out by caviar and oysters!!!
On to the purpose of Sauerkraut Sundays… As I go through the week, I use Twitter to send out little updates and links. I realize that I do this quite a bit and that not all of you use Twitter, so with that in mind I’d like to take Sunday to do sort of a week in review. I’ve selected the most useful of my tweets from the last week and placed them in to the categories that I use in this blog.
Pittsburgh AND Startups/Social Media!!!
- While this whole chart is amusing, it’s very striking that Google only has 5000 more employees than Motorola: http://t.co/mJs9wpN
- Ooooh, the @BoringPGH guys let me in the *Burgh Verified* club… do you know the hand shake?
- The Ice Cream Truck just passed my house in the south side… If I didn’t have this stupid meeting…
- Windows phone usage shows that even with a great product you’ll struggle against established competitors: http://bit.ly/qNfM5D
- A Few thoughts on Tim Ferris’ new book being published on Amazon (if you’re not caught up, read this: http://t.co/SDXPryn )
- “The 4-Hour Chef”… that’s stretching it, at least the work week and body were areas he was an expert in. See NO reason to read this.
- What are the @tferriss fan boys who are also Apple fan boys going to do? Can’t buy Amazon books in the App Store anymore.
- Ok, enough negativity… Amazon as a marketplace that cuts paper-based middlemen out of some books is awfully nifty.
- Today $GOOG has 24,000 employees $MMI has 19,000 –> Huge danger for #Google to lose its efficiency.
- Hey UPMC why dont you spread some of your not-for-profits around: fix up the little landing off ss trail by sport med? http://t.co/P5DnwjU
Other (Usually humorous quotes and such that I hear during the week).
- Ha, the Bat Wing (a flying Bat Mobile) crashed downtown… a sure sign Bruce Wayne lives in the burbs! http://t.co/CUZCAaA
- “I like being alone, I just prefer being alone when there’s other people around.”
Blog Posts from this blog:
- Blog Post: Here are a few things about the $GOOG / $MMI deal that the media won’t think of till later in the week. bit.ly/qQegJD
- Catching up on lots of Burgh Startup News this AM, including @ShowClix, @Astrobotic and @ballerbbq. http://t.co/yTF6k3g
- Blog Post: I am close to canceling my cable, if I didn’t live in Pittsburgh I would have yesterday… http://t.co/opNIcPo