Sauerkraut Sunday: The Santa Cruz Tradition Edition
It’s 2,639 miles from Pittsburgh to Santa Cruz California and it’s even further away from Germany than we are. It’s a former Spanish Mission and an Activist Hotbed (started allowing medical marijuana in 1992), but apparently they also have a history (and future) of good sauerkraut. Road Trip!
On to the purpose of Sauerkraut Sundays… As I go through the week, I use Twitter to send out little updates and links. I realize that I do this quite a bit and that not all of you use Twitter, so with that in mind I’d like to take Sunday to do sort of a week in review. I’ve selected the most useful of my tweets from the last week and placed them in to the categories that I use in this blog.
Pittsburgh AND Startups/Social Media!!!
- Military Spending Visual. As long as this is true, it doesn’t really matter how much pork we cut.
- US troops out of Iraq by the end of the year!
- So it sounds like the 9-9-9 plan is a catchy way to bankrupt the country. Anyone disagree? http://t.co/rGTuaORy
- Ha, Top 10 Siri Personality Modules We’d Like to Have:
- Bob FM: “If Bob saw a quarter on the ground he might just walk right past, but if Bob saved a quarter on gas he’d brag.” << SO Pittsburgh.
- Looks like
@PGHCityPaper is doing a pretty thorough job live-tweeting the suddenly active #OccupyPGH protests.
- My favorite development for
#OccupyPGH is that they are pressing State AG to sue their hosts #bnymellon.
@LordHector: @southsidepgh CBS News is showing E. Carson St. right now!
- Fred Wilson’s take on the WSJ’s, “Web Startups Hit Cash Crunch” is worth reading for a state of the scene. http://bit.ly/qkBznb
Blog Posts from this blog:
- Blog Post: The next Google will visualize social, database level and numerical data the way Google did with html pages:
- Blog Post: Data Visualization bit.ly/np2Ab2
- Blog Post: I get asked all the time, “should I buy an iPhone or an Android?” I’ve just written a 559 word answer.
- Blog Post: With Android and Apple both releasing new OS versions in the last couple weeks, who’s got the lead?
- Blog Post: I’m thinking with
@ShepNarkier about how cool it is to apply innovation to old ways of thought. http://bit.ly/oiVeG7
- Blog Post: Approaching Immaturity with Maturity (or how to be an objectivist without being labeled immature) http://t.co/utjipspv