When you think of Bird Flu you probably panic, but I have good news. According to the Sun in the UK, 11 out of 13 chickens with avian flu that were fed sauerkraut showed signs of improvement within a week. See, what would you do without me and this blog?
On to the real purpose of Sauerkraut Sundays… As I go through the week, I use Twitter to send out little updates and links. I realize that I do this quite a bit and that not all of you use Twitter, so with that in mind I’d like to take Sunday to do sort of a week in review. I’ve selected the most useful of my tweets from the last week and placed them in to the categories that I use in this blog.
Pittsburgh AND Startups/Social Media!!!
- Got a chance to meet Mike of @StatEasy today at open coffee club, VERY interesting project. http://www.stateasysports.com/
- Also, I’m even more excited about @Wawadoo after meeting @Chris_Wes_Allen looking forward to trying out there product very soon!
- CMU spin-off signs deal to launch moon rover http://bit.ly/e9lpOg
- Interesting Wall Street Journal Bit on the rise of smartphones impacting established companies like Corning and Kodak: http://nyti.ms/eRwWLP
- Yo Pittsburgh Tech Companies, the PG is accepting nominations for Top Workplaces. http://bit.ly/gnV4ih
- Welcome to Twitter @BruceKraus! Now I can get updates from my councilman instead of relying on @NataliaRudiak or @BillPeduto.
- I just ousted Beau G. as the mayor of Pennsylvania Macaroni Co on @foursquare! http://4sq.com/6XdFFY
- President Obama is announcing Startup America, to be run by Steve Case. That dumps public money in a crowded scene… http://ow.ly/3NhNv
- “Why take over a country and deal with the headaches of a welfare system, and have to fix the plumbing…” http://tumblr.com/x3q1ee85uz
- I’m with @FredWilson on most of #StartupAmerica. Don’t agree with WHAT’s being done, but talking about it is a good sign. http://ow.ly/3OOVG
- The real story behind AOL’s acquisition of Huffington Post. http://youtu.be/gkwrYiP6dck
- I’m a big fan of the Wall Street Journal’s analysis of Pittsburgh’s defense, our pension defense. http://on.wsj.com/ewjlka
- Did you know that Pitt’s endowment is the 28th highest amongst all schools in the US? I didn’t. http://bit.ly/eR1EUe
- SW PA ranked the 6th highest growth region for tech jobs! http://bit.ly/eLsf2T
- Great for Pittsburgh! RT @JanePitt: David Conrad’s op-ed in today’s P-G gave me chills. Sheesh. The man can write. http://bit.ly/fVw7Kl
- Interesting charts from @BrianSolis on people who follow @starbucks. Sometimes you have to wonder… how? why? http://bit.ly/feVeKa
- Good blog post from @DaveWiner on why the Twitter Valuations are reasonable. http://bit.ly/hnBk7b
- Interesting startup @33Needs is an example of social media helping people help social media help people. http://ow.ly/3NYhx
- Ok kids, it’s baseball season now. Oh ya, that hockey thing too.
- UFC’s online on-demand broadcasts make perfect sense, I do not understand why other sports lag. http://tcrn.ch/fL1OiC
- I love the Time is Money clock. As soon as I’m a CEO I’m getting one. Standing meetings too. http://bit.ly/ihbSWh
Blog Posts from this blog:
- Blog Post: The @BojanSoldan series on online identity is wrapping up with a couple of weighty issues. Today, privacy. http://bit.ly/ghqJpr
- Blog Post: If your an MBA interested in the stories behind the rules of business that you “know”, try this book. http://bit.ly/gbEbXi
- In @BojanSoldan‘s last guest post on online identity. He tackles his fears of Identity Ownership. http://bit.ly/i3wzQz
- Blog Post: Some tidbits, a couple of them local, on many startups best friend, the accelerator. http://bit.ly/hOxZjY
- Blog Post: Why keeping college kids around to do entrepreneurial things is a no brainer. http://bit.ly/gpMl9q
- Blog Post: So are win a bubble? A froth? A lack of diligence? http://bit.ly/idxVhr