I’m sitting at my Mother’s waiting for her to come back from church so that we can do easter lunch/dinner and we have chips but no salsa. That made me wonder, is there such a thing as Sauerkraut Salsa? Google says, YEP and we even have a video on how to make it. If you’re going to make it though, can you bring it by my Mom’s in the next 10 mintues?
On to the real purpose of Sauerkraut Sundays… As I go through the week, I use Twitterto send out little updates and links. I realize that I do this quite a bit and that not all of you use Twitter, so with that in mind I’d like to take Sunday to do sort of a week in review. I’ve selected the most useful of my tweets from the last week and placed them in to the categories that I use in this blog.
Pittsburgh AND Startups/Social Media!!!
- RT @woycheck: Nick End from @alphalab company @shoefitr finished 29th in the @bostonmarathon. WOW. << That’s 26.2 5’26” miles!
- Local startup @ApartmentSite (RentJungle.com) named honoree for the Webby Awards: http://bit.ly/eEtQep
- RT @Ms_Selah: I feel so fortunate to live in a city where even our dive bars have twitter accts (cc @sonnystavernpgh)
- Win for private enterprise, NASA will be riding aboard the next generation of Space Travel just like everyone else. http://tcrn.ch/i3Ej7j
- RT @Adaptivity: Our CTO asks a chick and egg question, “What comes first, the client or the #cloud?” http://ow.ly/4CIM2 << Great 1st Post!
- RT @Adaptivity: Our Chief Scientist (cool title, right?) is talking about making cloud concrete on our blog! http://bit.ly/dRYQ2u
- Great @bojansoldan post on the @Adaptivity blog. http://bit.ly/f807Xx
- I wonder what percentage of the web was affected by the #AWS outage? At least losing an API call to a down site… 3%? 5%?
- Want to know why we should have privatized parking? Because the PPA bureaucrats will never agree how to monetize. http://bit.ly/igE0Bb
- Network World picked up the news that my company, @Adaptivity was named a cool cloud vendor (http://bit.ly/gxyCcs) did you?
- RT @BorowitzReport: Donald Trump being sworn in as President would be a great last scene in a Planet of the Apes remake.
- Barrack Obama wants a cooler phone in the white house, with “fancy buttons and stuff.” http://bit.ly/f8IaS5
- The @cdixon Kindle experiment (http://bit.ly/gc2V5H) really makes you marvel at the blurring lines in publishing.
- Army chose Android for battlefield communications… I hope it doesn’t freeze like mine. http://bit.ly/ibpEgJ
- Good article on why artists keep moving to Pittsburgh. http://bit.ly/gojfNE #CreativeClass
- PA’s unemployment rate falling faster than it has since 1987: http://bit.ly/fxdHbK
- The @SmileyCookie is following me, I guess that all this time those cookies really were people… I feel kind of bad about eating so many.
- Great chart on the four stages of Twitter Adoption. It’s worth it to make it to the place where Twitter’s helpful. http://bit.ly/eIEVRP
- It’s a rat, it’s a squirrel… it’s Martin St. Louis. That little guy is annoying. #Pens
- How badly do you think it’s killing Crosby to watch this one?
- Interesting discussion on @infoarbitrage about how VCs consider the “follow on” decision. http://bit.ly/eusB8f
- From across the pond (BBC), “Top 1% of entrepreneurs create 40% of new jobs.” http://bbc.in/dNnU3C
- MapQuest hired the former Google Docs VP. In other news, MapQuest is still a company. http://tcrn.ch/hXErUo
- Thoughtful post on types of CEOs from @ProjectOlympus http://bit.ly/fPUJmD
- Solid advice for MBAs from @bfeld. It’s easy to let your education dictate your career, but that’s not why you got it! http://bit.ly/hkzo3a
- Sage advice from @SethGodin this morning… don’t focus so much on improving that you fail to ensure you’re improving the right thing.
Other (mostly humorous little notes)
- You can rent the entire country of Liechtenstein on @AirBnB, seriously http://bit.ly/dJAa3C
- RT @AccessClosing: The Beaver County Recorder of Deeds didn’t pay their domain bill. Unbelievable. << Bad Bureaucrats!
- How did I not realize until today that an Atlas Shrugged Movie came out yesterday?http://bit.ly/eldlZq
Blog Posts from this blog:
- Blog Post: The thinking behind my company’s blog and social media strategy. http://bit.ly/grK2hj
- Blog Post: Entering an Industry: Partner, Piggyback or Create? http://bit.ly/gcAfHo
- Blog Post: If anyone knows which disruption will win in TV, I know why it’ll make a bunch of money. http://bit.ly/fvrr92
- Blog Post: Is Office365 a $MSFT market entry that actually comes BEFORE it’s too late? http://bit.ly/fPgwMy
- Blog Post: Our reliance on cloud may make us more highly available and more risky at the same time? http://bit.ly/i0zieL