How well do I know the readers of this blog? I KNOW yinz would want a “got sauerkraut” t-shirt. So I found one. Just click on the pic of it above and you can order it in one of 24 different size/color combinations! No need to thank me.
On to the real purpose of Sauerkraut Sundays… As I go through the week, I use Twitterto send out little updates and links. I realize that I do this quite a bit and that not all of you use Twitter, so with that in mind I’d like to take Sunday to do sort of a week in review. I’ve selected the most useful of my tweets from the last week and placed them in to the categories that I use in this blog.
Pittsburgh AND Startups/Social Media!!!
- Akustica (a CMU spinoff now part of Bosch Research) has moved to the Southside Works, Welcome! http://bit.ly/dFNOgG
- RT @TomPatton: Heading off to the Angel Venture Fair in Philadelphia. Supporting some Pittsburgh companies in their pitch.
- Local Infrastructure Startup Avere, announces new products! http://bit.ly/f2TpiG
- Just made a post over on @StartupPGH about @StatEasy, it’s a great local bootstrapped company, go read. http://bit.ly/hu2lN0
- This @cdixon post is related to mine. You think his devs would be as successful today if not for a biz guy like Chris? http://bit.ly/ez6ej0
- Wow, great quote from Cisco on why they shutdown Flip. http://bit.ly/fzmHp3 #50WordsWithoutSayingAThing (via @mattmullenweg)
- RT @Adaptivity: Why do analysts insist on tying social and cloud… just because their both in tech, doesn’t mean they’re related.
- RT @VanessaAlvarez1: Great perspective by @reillyusa on #Facebook, #opencompute http://bit.ly/92OzE3 <– Sad but True
- RT @Adaptivity: Psssst…. Guess who was named a cool vendor in cloud management by #Gartner! <– Huge for my company!
- Been reading on #cfoundry trying to separate hype from real. The best 2 articles: http://bit.ly/eC8Gte http://bit.ly/hgnR1n
- Hey early morning tweeps, I’m kicking ass and taking names this morning, how about you?
- Planning to watch @VMWare‘s #cloud app dev announcement at noon… anybody else? http://bit.ly/e2rc9x
- Looks like a good day to have stayed home and not gone to #PSU for #bluewhite
- Did they take my name off the wall? I drank a lot of beer for that. (@ Fat Head’s Saloon) http://4sq.com/gk4Toq
- US Bank is piloting NFC payments in 2011! http://rww.to/ii39qu Looks like my Paypal fight is moved up. http://bit.ly/fmvkiv
- RT @vannyfour: Today should be national #Pittsburgh day. It’s April 12 or 412. @BucsInsider @PittsburghMag
- 2 Burgh Rankings. #1 large city of the future http://bit.ly/gIYPj3 & #23 in small business vitality http://bit.ly/f9LF4R.
- I’m looking forward to seeing the results of this, a study by Pitt Grad Students on the value of a gas well. http://bit.ly/gp5AqM
- The Five Scarriest Women in Pittsburgh (via @PopCityPgh) http://bit.ly/ePfHrN
- I assume when Nemacolin finishes their casino it will be just like Vegas. http://bit.ly/gafkFx
- What a beautiful day for baseball! http://t.co/ts2fxmp
- A “Startup Fever” board game… surest sign of a bubble so far? http://tcrn.ch/faIPBQ
- Forbes “Midas Touch” list seems to me to be a list of past heroes in VC not current power players. http://bit.ly/fXIvUh
- NetProspex is a great idea for managing contacts in an SMB, low privacy, but that’s the future. http://bit.ly/h3vkBy
- Interesting… Private industry has created a rocket with the power to take a man to the moon. http://bit.ly/idlv7w
- cityLab says The smart kids move downtown. Does the southside count? http://bit.ly/iaiAhY
Other (mostly humorous little notes)
- How did I not realize until today that an Atlas Shrugged Movie came out yesterday? http://bit.ly/eldlZq
Blog Posts from this blog:
- Blog Post: Sauerkraut Sunday The Miss America Edition http://bit.ly/eXJQJo
- Blog Post: One way in which the stock market is broken for tech companies. http://bit.ly/f4ttch
- Blog Post: Make Like Butter and Get on a Roll! http://bit.ly/gclmoJ
- Blog Post: Techies Need to Stop Thinking that Business Guys are Commodities. http://bit.ly/hexgiD